Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Multi Member LLC for Beginners

Hi Turbotax,

Love the event you are hosting today! 

My question is as follow: 
My two business partners and I formed a Multi Member LLC last November! We are a Theater & Animation Production studio based out of Austin, Texas. I have been learning as much as I possibly can in order to stay compliant and not miss anything important.

I understand that as a MM LLC, all the taxes are taken care of through our own personal Tax accounts, and it is up to us in our operating agreement to decide who has to pay how much in tax depending on how our business is structured.

Are the managing members to still file quarterly, and if so, do we just do the accounting on our own and then just report them as 'expected tax' with Turbo Tax, which will then be paid the following year? This might open it up to more questions, however I guess I am just looking at the most straight forward answer to everything that we need to expect to be doing, of course, by using Turbotax!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Multi Member LLC for Beginners

It depends on each members tax situation. For some it might be necessary to make quarterly payments, but others it might not. Each member will need to do their own accounting as far as what they expect to have due for taxes. If they prefer not to make quarterly payments, they could choose to have additional money withdrawn from their payroll if they are also a W2 Employee. 

It's really not an easy or straightforward answer because there are so many variable based on each members situation. The Self-Employed Tax Center has good information on if you need to make quarterly payments.

Here are some links that will be useful to you:

Self-Employed Tax Center  

Tax information for Businesses  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies