Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mhanley99
Returning Member

iOS for Mac needed for 2025

Will Mac Ventura iOS be needed for 2024-2025 TurboTax online software? I'm using Monterey now and can't update because of age of Macbook Air.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
TeriH
Employee Tax Expert

The current requirements (9/10/24) for Mac are:

macOS Ventura 13 or later (macOS Monterey 12 not supported)

• Specific macOS: macOS Ventura 13, macOS Sonoma 14, macOS Sequoia 15

As we know, systems change, so I would bookmark this reference for updates.

source: minimum requirements 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have this same question as when I was completing TT for tax year 2023 I thought I got a message saying that Ventura Mac OS would be required for 2024.  Likewise I am on Monterey.

It's not clear from your answer if is it expected that TT  for tax year 2024 will support Mac OS Monterey - and that this is a change on the part of Intuit - or if these are the current requirements if you are using a current-already-released product?

Apologies for a further question but I don't want to purchase the product if it can't be installed as I'd guess you understand.  Thanks

Did you check that link posted above for requirements?  It is for the 2024 tax return we file next year.  It says.....macOS Ventura 13 or later (macOS Monterey 12 not supported).  Yes the system requirements can change.  A couple years ago I had to go from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.  

Thank, VolvoGirl

Yes, I see it's Ventura.  Though the writer included the link I didn't click it as it seemed that the answer was written so recently.  My mistake.  

It is awful that Intuit is giving 60 days notice that all Monterey users  now have to buy new Macbooks in order to use the Turbo Tax product.  A normal company would give a 1 year grace after November 30. The move is very unprofessional and is going to create a financial hardship for many.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies