Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2023 IRS refund is short my $2000 in estimated taxes pmts.

2023 IRS refund is short my $2000 in estimated taxes pmts. It is there in Turbo Tax but, when I look on the IRS transactions I don't see it there?

amtdesc
 2022 tax refund forwarded to 2023$6,852.00missing 2022 taxes and no monies received; resubmited by mail March 2024 and amt applied to 2023 taxes going forward

2023 tax refund due$3,820.00Turbo Tax refund due per 2023 return
 subtotal$10,672.00total refund due from 2022 and 2023 per Turbo Tax

TurboTax Fees-$167.00$159 + taxes = 167
 Total after TT Fees$10,505.00$10,672 minus $167 = $10,505. After Turbo Tax fees this is the total amount to be refunded for 2023 taxes

actual IRS ACH Deposit actually applied$8,505.00However, this amt or $2000 less was actually Deposited per  IRS ACH - 4/10/2024

2023 est tax pmts per turboTax-$2,000.00missing is estimated taxes for 2023. There is no 666 or otherwise IRS Transaction est tax pmt for 2023; only the 716 transaction with credit forward from 2022?

with 2023  est tax pmts included IRS and TurboTax match$2,000.00include the missing estimated taxes for 2023 which are shown and applied  in TurboTax.

What happened to my estimated tax pmts totalling: $2000.00.  They were paid with one check #419 from my BBVA bank. Again, it shows in Turbo Tax but, not on the IRS Transactions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You will need to contact the IRS for information. It might be easiest to set up an account with them. If you are Married Filing Joint, sometimes an estimated payment gets credited to the Spouses account and not the first Taxpayer listed on the return.  You could also call the IRS at 800-829-1040.

IRS Individual Online Account  

• Taxpayers with a Social Security number or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number can create or access their IRS Individual Online Account to get information they need to file their return.
  • With an IRS Individual Online Account, people can:
  • View balance owed, payment history and schedule payments.
  • Cancel scheduled payments – new feature for 2024.
  • Get transcripts.
  • View or create payment plans.
  • See digital copies of some IRS notices.
  • View key data from their most recently filed tax return, including adjusted gross income.
  • Validate bank accounts and save multiple accounts, eliminating the need to re-enter bank account information every time they make a payment.
  • View, approve and electronically sign power of attorney and tax information authorizations from their tax professional. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How do I know that Turbo Tax actually sent this information to the IRS?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Did you include it on your return? If you entered your estimated payments when completing your return it would be on line 26 of your 1040.

Yes, I'm looking at the IRS transactions.  When I call the number I'm just getting hung up on.  I've called in the recent past and have never gotten to a real person.   :(   That is why I'm hoping you "experts" can help me.

You probably have access to more information than I do.

Yes, the $2000 is there on line 26 of my 2023 Federal Tax Return.

I can't file an amended return because the information is already there; nothing would change?

I worry there might be a glitch somewhere between the Turbo Tax software with what gets sent to the IRS?

I don't know what I can do about this.  I don't know how to solve this problem with assistance from you?

without assistance from you.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

You entered the payment on your tax return, but the IRS is not showing receipt of the $2K payment it seems.  Here are some other options to contact the IRS.    If your records show you that your payment cleared the bank, use the local office contacts to find out the status. 

Unfortunately, only the IRS knows where that payment was applied.  Tax Season Refund FAQs

Thank you for your reply.  I called and they said due to high volume.... call back later or next business day. :(

I guess I'll keep trying to contact and set up appointment with them but, I worry they will say Turbo Tax didn't send the credit for the estimated tax payments.....   then I'm back to square one.   :(

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If the amount is on your return on line 26, they would have it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies