Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2 Separate Sch. C

Independent truck driver, paid 1099, have a month worth that was paid to me personally before my LLC was created. Now it is paid to my LLC. Will I need two separate Sch. Cs when I file taxes, one for me covering the month prior to LLC formation and then another for my LLC after it's formation date?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
SwapnaM
Employee Tax Expert

2 Separate Sch. C

Are you a Single member LLC? If yes, then it does not matter if you receive a 1099-NEC in your personal name. You can enter both under the same SCH C or your business.

If yours is not a single-member LLC, then you should first be filing your business return as appropriate (C-Corp, S-Corp, Partnership, etc.) and then report your portion of the LLC earnings on your personal return via the K-1 issued to you by the LLC.

@Rockstar Dispatch Thank You for the question!!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

2 Separate Sch. C

Yes it is a single member LLC, so it's ok to do all the income and expenses occurred in personal name for the month or so before the actual formation date of the LLC all under the one Sch. C for the business?

SwapnaM
Employee Tax Expert

2 Separate Sch. C

@Rockstar Dispatch Yes, that is correct as it is a single member LLC. Did you apply for EIN for your LLC? If yes, then make sure to report the LLC name as Business name & the EIN number as well on the Sch C. Only 1 Sch C will be required & include the income & expenses incurred under your personal name under this Sch C.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies