Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I enter 2 separate 1095-A forms with SAME policy number and different recipients?

How do I enter 2 separate 1095-A forms with the SAME "marketplace-assigned policy number"?  TT marks each 1095-A form as "not done" because the 1095-A forms have the same "marketplace-assigned policy number."

One 1095-A lists only my spouse and premiums for her, and the other 1095-A lists only me and my dependent and the premiums for me and my dependent. There are no amounts in column C on either form. Neither form is marked "Void" or "Corrected." Our filing status is "Married, filing jointly," and we do not qualify for the Premium Tax Credit.  How do I get TT to accept both forms? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How do I enter 2 separate 1095-A forms with SAME policy number and different recipients?

The policy number isn't a big deal.  You can just be "b" or something behind the second one.  It doesn't really matter.

With that being said, you will need to make sure that column B is correct on the tax return, and I don't remember how TurboTax handles it with two 1095-As.  Well, I guess that wouldn't even matter *IF* you don't qualify for the Premium Tax Credit.  But you should look it up so you can check if you qualify for the credit or not.

To figure out the proper number of column B, you'll need to look it up on the Marketplace website.  If you use the Federal Marketplace, the link is below.  You'll enter the information based on all three of you.

https://www.healthcare.gov/tax-tool/#/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies