Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MyCrai
Returning Member

1095A

I am under my parents health insurance but pay 0 towards it. I gave my tax prepped documentation and they said I was fine. Now I’m flagged by IRS. And have no idea how to resolve or if I can just ignore and they’ll figure it out. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

1095A

Are you a dependent claimed on your parents return or not a dependent?  If you are not a dependent, then you must enter their 1095-A on your return, claiming 0% allocation to yourself.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

1095A

Are you a dependent claimed on your parents return or not a dependent?  If you are not a dependent, then you must enter their 1095-A on your return, claiming 0% allocation to yourself.  

MyCrai
Returning Member

1095A

I submitted those documents to a tax prepper. She informed they shouldn’t come for me since I didn’t pay. How can I confirm if that information was included in my return?

DawnC
Expert Alumni

1095A

If you were covered under Obamacare, the IRS requires the 1095-A whether you paid the premiums or not.   Information from your parents' 1095-A should have been included on your return.   After you enter the form, you can allocate the premiums and any credits to someone else's return - the form doesn't have to affect your tax return at, but the IRS wants the 1095-A information for you, even if your parents paid and are taking the tax credit.  

Did you file with TurboTax?   If so, use the instructions below to add their 1095-A and Form 8962 to your return.    If you received a notice from the IRS, follow the instructions in that letter or notice.  

I got a 12C letter about Form 8962 from the IRS

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies