No credit score

I have 0 credit score and can not get credit started becasue I have no history. how do I fix that?

3 Comments

No credit score

Apply for a secured credit card. Usually you need a minimum of $250 in a savings account with the bank or credit union. They will give you a credit card secured by thya that $150 balance. You should use it and pay it off regularly for at least a year. It's also good to increase the credit line by adding to the account and requesting increases. After one year you can request your balance to be converted to a true line of credit and your savings will then be available for withdrawal.
Also, Target and Walmart have been pretty easy cards to get.
Good luck.

No credit score

Yes. Secured card helps. Save up the biggest deposit they will let you make. Spend less than 10% of the limit and pay in full each month. Discover has a great secured card as do many other issuers. Eventually they may change it to an unsecured card. Do some research first. Good luck!

No credit score

Fifteen years ago I took my then, 18 yr old daughter to our local Credit Union and explained the same thing. As long as you have a job, you should be able to get a Visa. It may be a low limit and you will need to open a checking or savings account, but it’ll work. Today, my daughters credit score is in the 800s. Doing this taught her a lot about the importance of credit. Good luck to you. You can do this!