Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

amyamy33

Score drop. In correct info

I noticed my score significantly drop this month and noticed one of my loans is suddenly not under my account anymore. How do I fix this? Who do I contact to add it back so my score can return to what it was?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

To ensure mistakes are corrected as quickly as possible, contact both the credit bureau and organization that provided the information to the bureau. Both these parties are responsible for correcting inaccurate or incomplete information in your report under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Keep in mind that all three of the credit bureaus now accept the filing of disputes online, with Experian now only accepting online submissions.

Find out how to initiate a dispute online.

Begin by telling the credit bureau what information you believe is inaccurate. Credit bureaus must investigate the item(s) in question-usually within 30 days-unless they consider your dispute frivolous. Include copies (NOT originals) of documents that support your position. In addition to providing your complete name and address, your communication should:

Clearly identify each disputed item in your report.
State the facts and explain why you dispute the information.
Request deletion or correction.

I would like to know how come my Transunion score reports 603 and yet Turbo tax reports it 735 on your website. I just had a mortgage person pull it and he told me my score is 603. I would like know why is it Turbo Tax is allowed to report inaccurate information? It's said you get your information from Transunion. So what you are saying is Transunion telling you 735 when in actuality it's 603. Why would Transunion give you false information?  Turbo wants to help but, is this nothing more then a poly to keep someone on your site with inaccurate information. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies