turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Grace

student loan, no payment required due to income/retired, disabled

take the student loan OFF my profile, as I have been assured will not be pursued due to living on Social Security only.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Carl
Level 15

This is a public user-to-user forum. TurboTax employees are rarely here, if ever, during the non-filing season. Nobody but you can do anything to your personal profile or have any access what-so-ever to your online TurboTax account. Because of the personally identifiable information available in your account, it would be a criminal violation of federal law for anyone else, including a TurboTax employee, to access your account. 

If you made even one payment in 2018, then you will be reporting it on your 2018 tax return.

If you have been declared totally and permanently disabled and unable to work for the rest of your life, then you may (or may not) receive a 1099-C for the forgiven amount of the loan. You'll have to report that too. So if this change in your status occurred in 2018, you can expect to receive a 1099-C or some other document you will need for tax filing, in early 2019 by the end of Feb 2019.

lwdupont
Intuit Alumni

Carl's got some great points. 

Also, we are only displaying your credit report, not influencing it. You could try giving Transunion a call to ask on next steps, but I think, like Carl said, if your student loan is no payment required now,  essentially forgiven somehow, eventually it will disappear. (the company that you got the student loan from should report that fact to the credit companies like Transunion, and then it will disappear). 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies