Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Rorteous

Score dropped

Hi my score dropped 47 points and I cannot find a reason why. I make my payments on time and have not applied for a new loan or line of credit. Why such a big drop? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Score dropped

Get your free credit reports from the site at the link below and review them for any inaccuracies first. You should be able to determine why your score dropped from the information in the reports.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

katiewitt711
Returning Member

Score dropped

If your credit balances increased, that can effect your credit negatively. As you decrease the balance, your score should increase.

Score dropped

almost everyones credit dropped because of a new procedure the credit agencies are using to improve their ratings. there was a news article about a month ago that I saw

CassElise

Score dropped

Whether you open another credit line or not, your credit score goes based off of what you owe. So if you 1 credit line almost used up, your credit score will show it by lowering itself. You could be on top of your Bill's by always paying on time, but it really goes based off what you still owe. The more money you spend and don't pay off right away will reflect your score negatively.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies