turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How to Raise Your Credit Score

I want to raise my credit score. I just got my 1st credit card at 34. HELP
bkeldoe56
Returning Member

How can I rate credit score

i am not interested in this  at all 

Tk17

Experian is  rolling out a new thing called Experian Boost that you link a bank account that you have automated bill payments with, and I hear it will help bump your credit exponentially rather quickly.  I saw it on the news.   It's not out yet, but if you go to experian.com/boost you can sign up and get an email notification as soon as the feature becomes available.  I wish this was available back when I was focusing on credit building!  Best luck and wishes.  Its a rigorous uphill battle, but obsessive vigilance will suit you well in your endeavors!  God speed.

Take a small loan, keep your payment on time and or even better ahead of time, this will show you or a good credit risk and will improve your credit score
jweeks32
Returning Member

ask u can good or fair or bad ?

Make sure you pay your bills on time, close any extra credit card accounts you have and make sure you get them paid off. Also, making sure you pay any bills you owe to creditors and any monthly payments on loans, on time each month will get it raised as well.
atiquram

ok

Tip #1 by @KhongPhuTu is wildly incorrect. I am a banker by profession and I will tell you that carrying a balance between statements is ill-advised-- Don't pay interest! However, you should wait to pay the balance in full when the statement is cut. Statement balances are what is reported, not that you carry a balance between statements.

Lower your credit cards

If u have a credit card, don't make monthly payment, pay your Bill off every month in full, this will increase your score. Only charge what u can afford to pay off in one month at a time. Finally never use more than 36%of your credit.

Please help me raise my score
Rvillal

Raising your credit isn't just being responsible with one line of credit..although that is great to do. Opening lots of lines or at least 1 or 2 every few years and staying responsible with all of them really raises your score. Note: Don't open to many inquiries within a 2 year period, this may lower your score. Let some fall off before opening more. Let's say for credit cards..you get 5 or 6 over the course of many years and only spending at least one third or less of your limit and paying them off monthly on the due date. That's a good view and managing your money and you are establishing credit. You can also establish credit by taking out loans, such as a car lease or a mortgage. With these larger debts you want to be be sure you are on time or early with all your payments. Paying of any debt is also a great way to raise your score. Establishing credit takes time, hang in there!

hyanteeta

How can I raise my scores

I am wondering where this recent college grad that works at a VW dealership is located. Reason being is that it almost sounds like you are describing my son.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies