Pay a debt
MIMoreira

Pay a debt

Do i have to pay off a debt no longer showing on my credit score?

Bsch4477

Pay a debt

A debt no longer recorded on your credit report does not release you from your legal obligation to pay that debt. 

Oceanserenity15

Pay a debt

I have paid 4 or more debts on this report, have my letters....how can I get them to you to show request to take off credit report.  Thank you

Pay a debt

@Oceanserenity15 wrote:

Factual items stay on your credit report for at least 7 years.  If you paid a debt and closed, the account will still be listed, but it should be listed as "closed"  with "paid satisfied" if you paid it in full, or some other notation if you paid a reduced amount by agreement.  If the account is still open, it should show a zero balance.

The Turbo app only seems to show open accounts, but you can see all your open and closed accounts by getting your full credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com.

If you recently paid off an account, it can take 4-6 weeks for the lender to update the credit bureau and then another 2 weeks for Turbo to show it (since Turbo only updates every two weeks.)  If a lender has not reported an account paid or closed, you will need to contact the lender.