turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sjahn1954
Returning Member

Paid IRS

Why did turbo automatically pay my IRS payment 

it was taken from the wrong account

yhe money came from my husband checking account which was incorrect

how do I get the money credit to his bank account

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Paid IRS

TurboTax does not pay any type of taxes owed, federal or state.

If you selected direct debit from a bank account to pay the taxes owed, then you entered the bank routing and account numbers.  That bank information was sent with your tax return.  The IRS debited the account according to your information on the date you selected to have the taxes paid.

Look at the Federal Information Worksheet by using Print Center to download your tax return including all forms and worksheets.  In Part V of the Federal Information Worksheet is the bank information entered and the date requested to debit the account.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies