turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Inquiry

I would like to know why I am getting a notification of a new account opening and I haven't opened up any new account in months I just recently paid off on account. Why is that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Inquiry

Are you using Turbo? --> https://turbo.intuit.com/

You should review your credit reports (free from the site below) for accuracy.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

If there is an error, you can file a dispute.

Inquiry

@gina_tutt wrote:

I would like to know why I am getting a notification of a new account opening and I haven't opened up any new account in months I just recently paid off on account. Why is that?

Who was the notification from?  If it was the lender, I would contact them and say it wasn't me.  If it was the credit bureau, I would find out who the lender is.  

It's not your job to tell the bank if they've been scammed by someone pretending to be you, but it's the nice thing to do and it will save you the hassle of telling them later when they try to collect payment from you.  

Inquiry

@gina_tutt wrote:

If Turbo® is notifying you of a new account, that could be innocent -- for example, an old account of yours was just listed on Transunion, where Turbo gets it's information.  Or, it could be a sign that someone has opened a fraudulent account in your name. Start by getting your full credit reports from all 3 bureaus and check them for accuracy.  www.annualcreditreport.com. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies