Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lehrbl

Credit scores

I'm 19 apparently I should have a credit score of at least 600 or 500 or 400 but my score is 0 how do i get credit I'm paying a phone bill and car insurance

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Credit scores

One quick way to build credit is to put down a few hundred dollars on a secured credit card.  Then max it out and pay it off a few times over a few months.  If you max it out and pay it in full once month, by month 6 you will have an awesome credit score.  Then you can just cancel the card and get your deposit back with interest. 

Credit scores

I would not max out your credit card unless you can pay off the balance once the purchase you made with the cc posts. If you can't bring your cc balance to 0 then make sure you keep your revolving credit balance under 30% of your credit limit. Go down to your bank let them know your needing to build your credit score and they can go over all options with you. Another way to help build your credit score is if you can get a parent, family member, or a friend that has a credit card and good credit, pays there bills on time and you trust them, ask them if they can add you to there cc account  as an authorized user, tell them you don't want to use there cc account but just need some help building your credit score. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies