tampatha-morales

What if i didnt save my receipts for college books

I have some receipts for books and school supplies but, I didn't save them all.  However, I did use my debit card for the purchases I didn't save the receipts for.  Can I still claim those expenses?

PatriciaV

Yes, in most cases your bank statement may be used as backup for purchases without a receipt. Be sure you keep a printout (hard copy of PDF) of every statement with school-related purchases. It's best if you can make a note beside each transaction to indicate what was purchased (book title, for instance).

PatriciaV