turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jennymt08

There is not an option to enter my tuition expenses and/or 1098T. It only asks for amount of books and materials.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

There is not an option to enter my tuition expenses and/or 1098T. It only asks for amount of books and materials.

To enter your 1098-T:

Click the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of your screen. 

Type in: Jump to 1098-T 

A button that says Go to 1098-T will display. Please click it. 

You will be brought to a screen where you can enter your tuition expenses. Follow the interview questions closely. You will need to ensure that you enter a student. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Hal_Al
Level 15

Go through the entire education interview until you reach a scree titled "Your Education Expenses Summary".  Click edit next to the student's name. That should take you to a screen “Here’s your Education Summary”. Click edit next to the section you want to change; tuition, in your case.

ljboulet

If you bypass the interview questions because you haven't received your 1098T from the school yet, then try to go back, it won't give you the option.  You can't edit the tuition amount or even get back to the initial questions.  It keeps coming back to the section after that on books and expenses.  How do you get back to the beginning to enter the tuition and school identifier, etc?  All other areas on turbotax take you back to the beginning but this one it seems.

jskieft

What about not online? I clicked ahead once before entering tuition, then when I want back the ability to enter tuition was gone. It now says $0 and will not let me edit. Probably will have to start the whole return over.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

You do not have to.  Hal_Al had the right answer.

Go through the entire education interview until you reach a scree titled "Your Education Expenses Summary".  Click edit next to the student's name. That should take you to a screen “Here’s your Education Summary”. Click edit next to the section you want to change; tuition, in your case.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies