Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am an F1 student who work on campus and has a SSN number. I am also filing taxes since 2016. I want to know if I will get the stimulus check?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

I am an F1 student who work on campus and has a SSN number. I am also filing taxes since 2016. I want to know if I will get the stimulus check?

It depends.

If you have filed returns and meet the Adjusted Gross income limits of $75,000 for individual taxpayers or $150,000 for married filing joint returns, you should receive a stimulus check.

Please see the attached link to determine how much you should get and additional information to help you determine if you need to do anything else.

Stimulus check calculator

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I want to know if it is sure that I will get it?

my AGI is $820

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Nonresident aliens and those without a Social Security number are not eligible to receive a stimulus check.

I do think you qualify!

You have a SSN

You are a resident alien of the United States for tax purposes if you meet either the green card test or the substantial presence test for the calendar year (January 1-December 31).

To meet the substantial presence test, you must be physically present in the United States (U.S.) on at least:

1. 31 days during the current year, and
  2. 183 days during the 3-year period that includes the current year and the 2 years immediately before that, counting:
    • All the days you were present in the current year, and
    • 1/3 of the days you were present in the first year before the current year, and
    • 1/6 of the days you were present in the second year before the current year.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies