turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

problems filing due to QTP

Any updates on this problem? "Other Income Statement: Qualified tuition program distributions - Spouse - You can't file just yet due to a recent law passed by congress. This means a better outcome for taxpayers like you who have taxable QTP distributions. We can keep working on your tax return and we'll let you know when we can help you finish up you taxes."

I have seen this question asked a couple of other times and the response to was to check back in a week. That was over a month ago.

We have $1000+ entered on Schedule 1 line 8 (4a) which is taxable QTP. I assume, if I'm saying this correctly, is due to having this amount voluntarily taxed so that we can take advantage of one of the college tax breaks? It amounts to a huge difference in our return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I'm having the same issue and it's ridiculous. Filing and amending later is not an option--I need to get the learning tax credit to offset some of the money owed. I've tried calling multiple times and it seems that beyond paying the $50 to speak to a CPA (who will probably say it's an issue with the system) there are no other options. When will this be fixed? 

I was finally able to file today. It appears a new worksheet was added. 

Thank you for your response. I too am finally able to finalize my returns.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies