Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Importing Quickbook self-employed online to TT Home & Business Desktop

Hi my question is..

I categorized all business and personal transactions in Quickbooks self-employed online and am now ready to import to TT desktop. 

1. How to import from QBSE online to TT Home & Business desktop.

2. Should I leave the Business expense sections in TT all blank and then import them? or it doesn't matter? I already input some information in TT. Would I be able to edit the information if there is duplicate info after import??

First time doing this self-return.. Thanks for understanding...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

To send your QuickBooks Self-Employed information to TurboTax, see the following Help article:  How do I send my QuickBooks Self-Employed tax information to TurboTax? 

I recommend you leave the Business Expense sections in TurboTax blank until you do the import.  You should be able to edit the information after the import, but it may overwrite or corrupt some the data if there is already information entered.   You can also create a duplicate return in TurboTax, and try importing without deleting.  If it causes problems, then you have a duplicate return you can edit and then import.  To create a duplicate return, just save with the return with a different name.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

To send your QuickBooks Self-Employed information to TurboTax, see the following Help article:  How do I send my QuickBooks Self-Employed tax information to TurboTax? 

I recommend you leave the Business Expense sections in TurboTax blank until you do the import.  You should be able to edit the information after the import, but it may overwrite or corrupt some the data if there is already information entered.   You can also create a duplicate return in TurboTax, and try importing without deleting.  If it causes problems, then you have a duplicate return you can edit and then import.  To create a duplicate return, just save with the return with a different name.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for the tip!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies