You can send your tax information from QuickBooks Self-Employed to TurboTax Premium or TurboTax Live Premium from a web browser or the QuickBooks Self-Employed mobile app.
Your accounts must be connected for the import to work. This means you sign in to QuickBooks Self-Employed and either TurboTax Self-Premium or TurboTax Live Premium with the same sign-in credentials.
Before exporting, make sure your information in QuickBooks is final. You can only send your information over once. If the export fails, contact QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Sign in to QuickBooks Self-Employed
- Start here. Don’t enter any information in TurboTax before you import
- Select Tax Checklist, near the top of your home page
- Complete the steps and answer the questions under TAX CHECKLIST, if you haven't already
- Select Review and send
- After reviewing the information, select Send to TurboTax
You may need to enter some information manually into TurboTax, such as:
- Vehicle loan interest
- Other vehicle expenses
- Home office expenses
- Interest paid
- Self-employment health insurance premiums
You should also keep a few other things in mind:
- Make sure you are accessing TurboTax with the same user ID and password that you use for your QuickBooks Self-Employed account. This will make sure you get any bundles you’ve paid for
- Meal expenses are imported as 50% deductible
- QuickBooks estimated tax payments generally cover federal income taxes, not self-employment taxes