turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

krumi001

I received a 1098t from the university I just started attending spring 2018. I registered for this school in 2017 but did not pay any tuition in 2017.

I received my 1098t from the college that I just started attending in spring 2018 & it says on box 2 “amounts bills for qualified tuition.. $40” & in box 4 “adjustments.. $25” 

I didn’t pay anything in 2017, matter of fact.. I payed everything in 2018. Do I file this? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

I received a 1098t from the university I just started attending spring 2018. I registered for this school in 2017 but did not pay any tuition in 2017.

No, this 1098-T shows no education expenses to use for a credit and no tax-free assistance to be included as income. Keep it with your tax records, but you do not need to report this one. 

CLICK HERE for IRS Pub 970 Education Credits

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

No, this 1098-T shows no education expenses to use for a credit and no tax-free assistance to be included as income. Keep it with your tax records, but you do not need to report this one. 

CLICK HERE for IRS Pub 970 Education Credits

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies