krumi001

I received a 1098t from the university I just started attending spring 2018. I registered for this school in 2017 but did not pay any tuition in 2017.

I received my 1098t from the college that I just started attending in spring 2018 & it says on box 2 “amounts bills for qualified tuition.. $40” & in box 4 “adjustments.. $25” 

I didn’t pay anything in 2017, matter of fact.. I payed everything in 2018. Do I file this? 

KrisD

No, this 1098-T shows no education expenses to use for a credit and no tax-free assistance to be included as income. Keep it with your tax records, but you do not need to report this one. 

CLICK HERE for IRS Pub 970 Education Credits

KrisD