Ask the Experts Self-Employed & Gig Workers! >> Event happening NOW!!!

ldenardo

I have an F32 NRSA postdoctoral fellowship. How do I enter a taxable fellowship in turbotax premier? It is not considered self-employment and should not be subjected to that tax.

daeoo

In the Federal Taxes, Wages & Income section, choose explore on my own, scroll to the very bottom Less Common Income section and choose Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C and inside that section choose "Other reportable income" It is taxable as income, but is not subject to self-employment taxes. On Form 1040 it will be listed on line 21, Other Income and the description you enter will be shown.