dennis5013

I have a form 1098. Where do I put this information?

MollsBBU

Your 1098 (Mortgage Interest Statement) shows how much mortgage interest, points, PMI, and (oftentimes) real estate/property tax you paid in the previous year.

If you didn't get your 1098 from your mortgage company by early February, you might be able to find this information on January's mortgage statement. Contact your lender if you think your 1098 is missing information or if you need help deciphering it.

Here's how to enter your mortgage interest statement in TurboTax (tap for alternate instructions if using our mobile app):

1. With your return open, search for "1098" and thenselect the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  2. Answer any preliminary questions, and you'll then be asked for the name of your mortgage company. Enter the name and select Continue.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions to enter the rest of your 1098 info.

If you're referring to a different 1098 form, please comment back.

MollsBBU