turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a form 1098. Where do I put this information?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MollsBBU

Your 1098 (Mortgage Interest Statement) shows how much mortgage interest, points, PMI, and (oftentimes) real estate/property tax you paid in the previous year.

If you didn't get your 1098 from your mortgage company by early February, you might be able to find this information on January's mortgage statement. Contact your lender if you think your 1098 is missing information or if you need help deciphering it.

Here's how to enter your mortgage interest statement in TurboTax (tap for alternate instructions if using our mobile app):

1. With your return open, search for "1098" and thenselect the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  2. Answer any preliminary questions, and you'll then be asked for the name of your mortgage company. Enter the name and select Continue.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions to enter the rest of your 1098 info.

If you're referring to a different 1098 form, please comment back.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MollsBBU

Your 1098 (Mortgage Interest Statement) shows how much mortgage interest, points, PMI, and (oftentimes) real estate/property tax you paid in the previous year.

If you didn't get your 1098 from your mortgage company by early February, you might be able to find this information on January's mortgage statement. Contact your lender if you think your 1098 is missing information or if you need help deciphering it.

Here's how to enter your mortgage interest statement in TurboTax (tap for alternate instructions if using our mobile app):

1. With your return open, search for "1098" and thenselect the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  2. Answer any preliminary questions, and you'll then be asked for the name of your mortgage company. Enter the name and select Continue.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions to enter the rest of your 1098 info.

If you're referring to a different 1098 form, please comment back.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies