Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did not have a job in 2018. But I did go to school and I did have a child in 2018 and I also have a dependent that is 3 years old. Would I still need to file a return?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Carl
Level 15

I did not have a job in 2018. But I did go to school and I did have a child in 2018 and I also have a dependent that is 3 years old. Would I still need to file a return?

Why do you ask? Did you have some other source of income, since you didn't work? If so, from where?

Yes from TANF. (Tribal Assistances for Needy Families)

Awesome. Thank you. I just didn’t want to get in trouble for not filing.

State aid is not earned income and is not reported on a tax return.  If you have no other income whatsoever then there is no reason to file a tax return.  You are not eligible for any type of tax credit based on earned income.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies