Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a Student from Singapore, holding a J-1 Visa, I filed a tax return on February 11, 2024 but did not receive a confirmation regarding it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

I am a Student from Singapore, holding a J-1 Visa, I filed a tax return on February 11, 2024 but did not receive a confirmation regarding it

If you have not received confirmation through TurboTax that your returns were submitted, you would need to log back into your account to be sure it was not rejected.  It is possible that any emails telling you that the return was submitted, accepted or rejected could be in your spam mail.  

You can also go to the IRS website for Where's My Refund to track the status of your return.

Since you are on a J-1 Visa, have you met the substantial presence test to be treated as a US Resident for tax purposes?  If you have not, met the substantial presence test and are considered a Non-Resident Alien, then you would need to file a 1040-NR instead of a form 1040.  If you have filed the 1040, but should have filed the 1040-NR, you could use Sprintax.com to help with getting the proper forms filed and the correction made. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies