sshah1995

I am a PhD student who started last year and I received a taxable fellowship of $6400 not reported on W-2 or 1098-T. How to claim - 1099-MISC, in Deductions/Credits?

Run the education (1098-T) interview anyway.  I believe there should be a question for "any additional scholarships or fellowships not reported on a 1098-T?"  

If you had a 1099-MISC, you would enter it and check the box for "fellowship" in the list of special circumstances.

Either way, you need the income added to your other form 1040 line 1 income with the notation "SCH" on the line next to it.  The program should do this automatically if you use the fellowship check box or the other fellowship entry in the education interview.