cnjankow

Form 1098 blank box 10?

Box 10 in my substitute 1098 form is blank. I did pay my property taxes from my escrow. Shouldn't the property tax show up in box 10 or should I enter them even though it is blank?

MichaelDC

Form 1098 blank box 10?

Yes, you can enter the property taxes paid through escrow. Often, they are not included on your Form 1098, but you may want to contact them to be sure. Another option is to look at your final mortgage statement of the prior year, or the first one this year.  Mortgage companies sometimes put those amounts on the statements.

MichaelDC

Form 1098 blank box 10?