Solved: Do I have to claim form 1098-t on my taxes if I dropped all classes and never attended? I never received money for tuition or played into tuition.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Do I have to claim form 1098-t on my taxes if I dropped all classes and never attended? I never received money for tuition or played into tuition.

I enrolled fall of 2016 and was to start school spring of 2017. I dropped all classes before they began. Box 1 and 2 are blank but box 4 is filled in. Do I still need to add this form on my taxes even though I did not attend the school?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 11

Do I have to claim form 1098-t on my taxes if I dropped all classes and never attended? I never received money for tuition or played into tuition.

No, you don't have to include your 1098T in your tax return if you never attended school or paid/received tuition funds. 

You might want to save it with your tax records, though. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 11

No, you don't have to include your 1098T in your tax return if you never attended school or paid/received tuition funds. 

You might want to save it with your tax records, though. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

Privacy Settings