abdelghany

Do I get educational expenses refund?

I have been traveling for training positions interviews, bought books, paid for professional medical license exams and attended educational medical conferences for the last year, but for expenses less than $10,000.Would it make difference if I report them for more return?

viktoriyab11

Do I get educational expenses refund?

It is can make a difference. There are different tax benefits available for education expenses.

1. If the education maintains or improves the skills used in the taxpayer's employment or trade or business, or the education is required for the taxpayer to keep his salary, status, or employment, you may be able to deduct qualified education expenses on Schedule A (to the extent they exceed 2% of AGI). What is Schedule A?
2. What are qualified education expenses for the American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning credits? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300629