Can the irs take my depents tax return if I owe for student loans

I owe money for my student loans but I was wondering if they will always take my depents money.  Because they need their money.  I'm filling head of house hold.  And also I haven't gotten a letter from irs saying that they will take my taxes.  So will they take my return

What "dependent's money" are you referring to?  You own refund can be offset for delinquent student loans.  If you have a dependent who is filing a return, the dependent's refund will not be taken for your student loan debt.

If you are delinquent on student loans, they could take part or all of your refund including amounts you receive for dependents.

In the event your dependents file a tax return, the IRS would not take their refund for any delinquent student loans of yours.

You can check for refund offsets by calling the phone number below.

Have Questions about an Offset?
  • Toll Free: 800-304-3107
  • TDD number: 866-297-0517

Treasury Offset Page