swiftrn1

Can I deduct graduate school tuition and books?

Can I deduct for my own graduate college tuition?

Yes, as Lifetime Learning Credit if no one claims you as a dependent and you meet the other qualifications.

Qualified expenses are tuition and certain related expenses required for enrollment at an eligible institution. The course must be either part of a post secondary degree program or taken by the student to acquire or improve job skills.

Student activity fees and expenses for course-related books, supplies, and equipment are included in qualified education expenses only if the fees and expenses are paid to the institution as a condition of enrollment or attendance.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing