ken1977

After having filed my taxes I realized that I did not input my sons school tuition or his meals that were paid for for the year. Would this impact our return at all?

He is in elementary school in the 2nd grade and goes to a private school.

Education expenses for grades K-12 are not deductible on your Federal return, whether for private, public, or home schooling, nor are the expenses for tutoring, after school lessons or after school activities, such as dance lessons, sports, etc.  Some states allow deductions/credits for K-12 education and/or home schooling expenses; if your state has these deductions available, you will be prompted to enter them when you prepare your state return.  (As far as I know, the states that offer any sort of K-12 deductions/credits are Illinois, Indiana, Iowa,Louisiana, Minnesota, and Wisconsin)

Lisa995

There are no federal credits or deductions for elementary school or kids meals.  Unless your state has something unusual like that, you don't have anything to correct.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ken1977

We have always claimed it before just not sure it ever made an impact or not and even the school itself stated that we can use the tuition paid for tax purposes.
Lisa995

There is no place on the federal return for these types of things....I have no idea where youve claimed it in the past.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ken1977

Thank you Lisa995.  I cant remember where it was inputted but I do remember entering it in.  And like I don't whether I had an impact or not.  Thanks again for your feedback greatly appreciated, it helped a lot!!!!