8863 unavailable

8863 unavailable

It is currently 03/09/20, and the form 8863 said it would be available 01/08/20.

The form is still unavailable and when I try to delete it, it just reappears right away and nothing changes. I have the software, and it is currently up to date. There is only one name listed for the file, and clearing the cache does nothing. I'm unable to file my return due to this, and I hope that I can find a solution through this website. 

8863 unavailable

You are correct that Form 8863 is available for Education Credits.

Go through the Education section again, and at the Education Expenses Summary page, EDIT the Student to be sure all entries are correct (screenshot). 

EDIT the School information to check entries (screenshot). 

Or, you could Delete and re-enter all your Education info.

If you can't resolve your issue, click this link to request Phone Support

8863 unavailable

I'm having the exact same problem.  The data entered is straight off my 1098-T form.  Turbotax says the 8863 form is not ready but my software says its up to date.  I've tried everything.  Re-entry and delete then re-entry again.  Same message.  Turbotax won't let me file my return I go into an endless loop.  It's as if turbotax doesn't know the 8863 form is indeed up to date.  Screenshots below:

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

8863 unavailable

TurboTax 2019 Individual – R16

If you're having trouble updating your TurboTax 2019 for Windows Individual software using the "Check for Updates" method, you can get the latest federal program update here:

1. Close TurboTax and all other programs except this browser window.
  1. Click here to download the 184 MB update.
  1. Save the update file to your Windows desktop.
  2. Double-click the update file w_perrelsuperpatch... on your desktop to install the manual update.