Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Working on my 1040 and entering the K-1 info--as 50% owner. Box 20, reads"Z" STMT. No dollar amt. The STMT is for ded. expenses. What goes in the box? 50% of exp.?

Or do I leave it blank since there is no amount in the actual box? 
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Working on my 1040 and entering the K-1 info--as 50% owner. Box 20, reads"Z" STMT. No dollar amt. The STMT is for ded. expenses. What goes in the box? 50% of exp.?

You should have received a statement with figures to input into the program.

Contact the party responsible for filing the 1065 and issuing the K-1.

I have the statement with a dollar amount, but no dollar amount in the actual box.   The statement is a list of deductible expenses with a total.   When I google the following---

Line 20 Z – Section 199A Information

I find it says that the amounts reported in Box 20, Code Z is the information needed by a partner/taxpayer to claim the Qualified Business Income Deduction.

I don't understand how a total of bus expenses plays into the calculations of getting a QBID, because when I read more about it, the figure in Box 20, under Z, seems to be related to income and not expenses. If you or anyone could explain this to me, I'd appreciate it.

My additional question would be--do I use the entire total if it's a 50/50 partnership? Or use only 50% of the total since I'm a 50% partner?

Input the total on your statement on the line in the program (20Z). The program will walk you through the rest after you've finished entering the K-1.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies