Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where Do I enter the $600 stimulus check to get my stimulus money? It says to claim it on line 30 on the 1040 form, but I don't know where to enter that information

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Where Do I enter the $600 stimulus check to get my stimulus money? It says to claim it on line 30 on the 1040 form, but I don't know where to enter that information

Once you have entered all the information in your return, you will be brought to the Federal Review.  In this section you will be asked about the amounts of first round and second round stimulus payments.  TurboTax will then calculate the amount of stimulus payment remaining you are still entitled to.  This will show as a credit on line 30 of the 1040.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

TurboTax has not yet been updated to include the $600 second stimulus payment. The law creating it was just signed a little over a week ago. TurboTax can't be updated until after the IRS issues revised forms and instructions, which they have not done yet. So it will be a while before the update is in place.

I am so confused....do I wait for this update from the IRS, or do I go ahead and file foe the $600 right now?  Why is the IRS stating to file as quickly as possible to get the stimulus as quickly as possible if they haven't evennupdated their forms?

DO NOT RUSH INTO FILING EVER ...  you must file a complete and correct return.  If you do not get the second stimulus check by 1/20 then you can file your return with the credit on the return.  The IRS has not even posted when they will even start processing returns this year so filing prior to that date means your return will be in limbo and it cannot be cancelled or changed.  

The program will complete the line 30 worksheet for you automatically when the program is fully functional just complete the federal review tab once you have entered in all your income information. 

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@mattjasonkirby wrote:

I am so confused....do I wait for this update from the IRS, or do I go ahead and file foe the $600 right now? 

You cannot file for the $600 right now. You have no choice but to wait.

@mattjasonkirby wrote:

Why is the IRS stating to file as quickly as possible to get the stimulus as quickly as possible if they haven't evennupdated their forms?

You would have to ask the IRS that question. I suspect it's because they are being criticized by a lot of unhappy people who have not gotten their $600 payment.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies