turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When starting 2019 TT, one of my sch c from the prev year did not transfer from 2018 TT. How can I bring the 2018 sch c info into 2019 or easier to start new sch c?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

When starting 2019 TT, one of my sch c from the prev year did not transfer from 2018 TT. How can I bring the 2018 sch c info into 2019 or easier to start new sch c?

Are you using the Online version?  You can only transfer from 2018 at the very beginning before you start so you would have to clear your whole 2019 return and start over.  Are you in the same account as 2018?  It's common to end up with multiple online accounts.  You might have marked schedule C as FINAL in 2018 so it didn't transfer.

For the Desktop program....

If you used the Desktop program last year, see if you have another .tax2018 file on your computer.

Here's an idea. Do you still have 2018 installed? Try opening the 2018 program and see if you can get your 2018 return to show up in it and if it is the right return. Go to FILE - OPEN. And see if your schedule C is in it and if it's marked as finally disposed. Or any Assets were disposed or sold.

Then save it again with a name and place you can find. Go to File - Save As. Then start a new 2019 return FILE-NEW and transfer from the saved 2018 file.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies