Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax picked up incorrect prior year return

I had amended my S-Corp return for 2022 last year and filed the amended by mail. However when starting the 2023 return, the pre-amendment 2022 return got imported into TurboTax Business instead of the amended return.

I realized the mistake now when the 2023 return is almost done. Is there a way to replace the incorrect 2022 numbers in the 2023 return by the amended numbers, or replace the prior year return by the amended return? I would hate to redo the 2023 return from scratch.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Sorry you can only transfer from 2022 into a brand new tax return so you would have to start over in a new return to transfer from the right file.  Or manually enter any 2022 info you need to change.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Can you transfer in the amended return?

Yes, but how? The amended return is there as a TurboTax file but I don't know how to transfer it.

You might have to contact Support. What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

I'm not sure if anyone else on this board knows but, personally, I have only done test returns with the product and have never transferred in an amended return.

Sorry you can only transfer from 2022 into a brand new tax return so you would have to start over in a new return to transfer from the right file.  Or manually enter any 2022 info you need to change.

I called Support and there appears to be no way to replace the prior year return already transferred. Thank you @VolvoGirl . You are right on the mark!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies