Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax keeps asking me if my schedule k1 income form 1041 for an inherited IRA trust distribution is from a general or limited partnership.

I don’t believe income distribution from my deceased mothers inherited IRA is relative to any form of partnership nonetheless TurboTax restricts me from filing return pending qualification of tru
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

TurboTax keeps asking me if my schedule k1 income form 1041 for an inherited IRA trust distribution is from a general or limited partnership.

Seems you chose the wrong type of k-1 when you first entered the k-1 section, or maybe you had a partnership k-1 left over from transferring from another year.  

Enter k-1 in the Search window on the upper right, click the Jump To.  From the summary of k-1s, edit the one that's causing the problem and correct your answer to type of k-1

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Answer from TurboTax Anita did not provide a remedy to the “endless loop” between my trust schedule k1 (form 1041) and the mysterious partnership/LLCs (form 1065) clutch that prevents me from filing my return
Anita01

Seems you chose the wrong type of k-1 when you first entered the k-1 section, or maybe you had a partnership k-1 left over from transferring from another year.  

Enter k-1 in the Search window on the upper right, click the Jump To.  From the summary of k-1s, edit the one that's causing the problem and correct your answer to type of k-1

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies