Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Expert

Can I use TurboTax Business for people who own AND don't own businesses?

If I purchase 1 CD version of TurboTax Business, I am allowed to efile 5 federal tax returns. 

Can I apply for 2 family members who own businesses and 3 who don't own businesses using just 1 copy of TurboTax Business?

(Will the family members who don't own businesses be able to use the same CD to enter their investments, jobs etc using TurboTax Business?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Carl
Level 15

TurboTax Business (different from Home & Business) is for filing a tax return for a non-living non breathing separately taxable entity, such as a Partnership, Multi-member LLC, S-Corp, C-Corp, Trusts, and Estates. TurboTax Business can not be used to file a personal 1040 tax return of any type, because the program does not include any version of IRS Form 1040.

TurboTax business is for the windows operating system only. It is not available for MACs, and is not available as an online product.

With TurboTax business you can install it on any computer that you the purchaser of the program, personally own. You can e-file a maximum of 5 returns per e-mail address. After that, you can complete as many tax returns as desired. But after the 5th e-file, any additional returns have to be printed, signed as mailed to the IRS. This is not a TurboTax limit. This is an e-filing limit imposed by the IRS.

And see, <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2921553-2018-turbotax-cd-download-product-guide">https://ttlc.intu...>

Did you maybe mean Turbo Tax Home & Business?  By the way,  any of the personal Desktop CD/Download programs Basic, Deluxe, Premier or Home & Business can Prepare all Personal 1040 returns.  All the Desktop programs have the same forms do you can buy a lower version.  You get more help in the higher versions.  

Turbo Tax Business is a separate program from Home & Business.  TT Business is for 1120 Corporation, 1120S Corp, 1065 Partnership or 1041 Estate/Trust returns. Not for self employed independent contractors.  

You would need to get 2 programs if you need to file a separate Business return.  Turbo Tax Business and then a personal version.  You will get a W2 or a K-1 from the Business return to manually enter into your personal return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies