Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Business 2023 - Incorrect Shareholder Stock Basis (for S Corp) Data Carryover from 2022

Using TurboTax Business 2023 and used TurboTax Business 2022 last year for our S Corp.

Two shareholders, A and B.

On the two associated "S Corporation Shareholder Stock and Debt Basis Limitation Worksheet"'s, incorrect amounts against Line 1 ("Stock basis at the beginning of the corporation's tax year") are being reported.

For shareholder A, the amount being thusly reported is the previous year's "end of year" stock basis that applies to shareholder B.

For shareholder B, there is nothing being reported against said Line 1.

I made manual corrections to said Worksheets.

Questions: Is this a bug for this year, or did I make some kind of a mistake? Are the corrections I made sufficient to prevent further problems?

TIA!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax Business 2023 - Incorrect Shareholder Stock Basis (for S Corp) Data Carryover from 2022

This scenario has been an issue in the past and also reported with regard to the 2023 program.

For whatever reason, some transfers, particularly with S corporations and multi-member LLCs/partnerships, do not quite go off as planned (or as they should).

You should be fine provided you made the appropriate changes on the worksheet.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

This scenario has been an issue in the past and also reported with regard to the 2023 program.

For whatever reason, some transfers, particularly with S corporations and multi-member LLCs/partnerships, do not quite go off as planned (or as they should).

You should be fine provided you made the appropriate changes on the worksheet.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies