Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax and SBTPG scam operation

I purchased Turbo Tax software and paid for it.  Turbo Tax has scammed anyone getting an automatic refund deposit by partnering with SBTPG.  They essentially charged me as much as the product itself.  I DID ALL OF THE TAX PREPARATION MYSELF.  The IRS says my refund is one figure and the actual deposit is $60 less - and turbo Tax and SBTPG call it a "Tax Preparation fee".  What the hell did they PREPARE? - NOTHING!  I WILL NEVER USE TURBOTAX AGAIN AND AM DIVESTING MYSELF FROM ALL OTHER PRODUCTS FROM INTUIT.  This is a full-blown scam.  I have seen all the other reports of actual fraud from this company.  I am reporting both Intuit/Turbotax and SBTPG as a fraud many times over - million and millions of dollars raked off of this racket to the IRS on Form3949-A.  ...and am looking at some other FBI venues to report them.   I would strongly advise that you do likewise - suspect many of you have similar issue. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Unfortunately---instead of paying TurboTax upfront by using a credit or debit card, you chose to pay TurboTax by having your federal refund go to a third party bank.  The third party bank receives your refund from the IRS, takes out the fee you owe to TurboTax, collects its own $40 "refund processing" fee ($45 in CA) and sends the rest of the refund to you.   The whole mess can be avoided by paying BEFORE you file using your own credit or debit card.

And....perhaps you got in too much of a hurry---because those fees are shown to you on the screens before you file.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

What is Refund Processing Service?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies