Should I use Turbo Home and Business or business? ...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tommy8849
Level 3

Should I use Turbo Home and Business or business? I had two jobs and I sold as a small business on ebay. Should I get turbo which one?

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Should I use Turbo Home and Business or business? I had two jobs and I sold as a small business on ebay. Should I get turbo which one?

Is your small business a sole proprietorship, qualified joint venture, single-member LLC, multi-member LLC, partnership, S corporation, or C corporation? If it's any kind of LLC, has the LLC filed Form 8832 to elect to be treated as a C corporation or Form 2553 to elect to be treated as an S corporation for tax purposes?

If it's a sole proprietorship, qualified joint venture, or a single-member LLC that has not elected to be taxed as a corporation, then you need TurboTax Home & Business. You report the business on Schedule C included in your personal tax return.

If the business is a multi-member LLC, partnership, S corporation, C corporation, or any LLC that has elected to be taxed as a corporation, then the business has to file its own tax return, separate from your personal return. A multi-member LLC or partnership files Form 1065. A corporation or an LLC that elected to be treated as a corporation files Form 1120 for a C corporation or 1120S for an S corporation. You need TurboTax Business (which is a different product from Home & Business) for any of these separate business tax returns. But TurboTax Business cannot be used for your personal Form 1040 tax return, so you also need TurboTax Home & Business, or one of the other personal versions of TurboTax, for your personal tax return.

Carl
Level 15

Sounds like you need Home & Business. TurboTax Business is for completing a tax return for a non-living, non-breathing separately taxable entity such as a partnership, multi-member LLC, S-Corp, C-Corp, Estate and Trust. TurboTax Business does not include IRS Form 1040 in any way, shape or form.

IF you are self-employed and you are the ***ONLY*** ***OWNER*** of your business, then you need to file a SCH C with your personal 1040 tax return. Any version of the CD/Desktop flavors have the SCH C in them. But if you will be using the online version of TurboTax, then you *must* use the more costly TurboTax 2019 Self-Employed.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings