Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Quema

Schedule K-1 K1 in State Return - Extra Spurious Unneeded Unwanted

I had two extra Schedule K-1 forms on my state (CA) return: K-1 Partner & K-1 S Corp. I would delete these two forms, save the return, and then close it and reopen it. Like phoenixes, they would be back when I reopened the return. I contacted first level support - she had no clue. I then talked to the next level support - we tried a number of things, but in the end she said my best option was to start over.

After I hung up with support I found the cause of the problem. Here is how you solve it.

1.) Using "Forms View", click on "Open Form" and then type "K-1" in the search box.

2.) Find form “Sch K-1 Wks-Partnerships” under the 1040 (federal) section. Open it and then delete the this form.

3.) Find form “Sch K-1 Wks-S Corporations” under the 1040 (federal) section. Open it and then delete the this form.

4.) Save the return, close it and reopen it. The spurious Sch K-1s in the state return should not reappear.

(The defect, or bug, is that the two Worksheets that were deleted do not show up in the forms list. The only way you can find them is to search for them and open them. Otherwise, there is no way to know that they are part of the return)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies