Ask the Experts all about moving >> Event happening TODAY!
Tony-Sneed

Schedule E Worksheet contains an error. Days of personal use should be zero. How can I correct this?

I need a way to correct the error.  Should I delete the form and start over?

MichaelDC

No, you don't have to delete the form and start over.

To change the number days rented at fair rental price and personal use days for your rental property in TurboTax: 

·         Once in your return, enter "rental property" in search box on blue dashboard

·         On "Rental and Royalty Summary" screen click Edit to right of property

·         On "Review Your Rental Property Screen", click Update to right of Property Profile (See the attached screenshot below. Click to enlarge.)

·         Change on the Was This Property Rented for All of 2016?, from No to Yes, this property was rented all year. (See the attached screenshot below. Click to enlarge.)

tcartwright5

how do you make changes on schedule e worksheet
MichaelDC