turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schedule E Worksheet contains an error. Days of personal use should be zero. How can I correct this?

I need a way to correct the error.  Should I delete the form and start over?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelDC

Schedule E Worksheet contains an error. Days of personal use should be zero. How can I correct this?

No, you don't have to delete the form and start over.

To change the number days rented at fair rental price and personal use days for your rental property in TurboTax: 

·         Once in your return, enter "rental property" in search box on blue dashboard

·         On "Rental and Royalty Summary" screen click Edit to right of property

·         On "Review Your Rental Property Screen", click Update to right of Property Profile (See the attached screenshot below. Click to enlarge.)

·         Change on the Was This Property Rented for All of 2016?, from No to Yes, this property was rented all year. (See the attached screenshot below. Click to enlarge.)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

how do you make changes on schedule e worksheet
MichaelDC

No, you don't have to delete the form and start over.

To change the number days rented at fair rental price and personal use days for your rental property in TurboTax: 

·         Once in your return, enter "rental property" in search box on blue dashboard

·         On "Rental and Royalty Summary" screen click Edit to right of property

·         On "Review Your Rental Property Screen", click Update to right of Property Profile (See the attached screenshot below. Click to enlarge.)

·         Change on the Was This Property Rented for All of 2016?, from No to Yes, this property was rented all year. (See the attached screenshot below. Click to enlarge.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies