Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wqtclaire

RObinhood gave me 1099-MISC. Turbotax is able to identify a 1099MISC but does not show it eventually. However, on the review page, it asks me to verify a schedule C box.

I received a 1099-MISC from Robinhood, the amount is only 0.07 for "other income". Upon entering an account number and a document id, Robinhood is able to identify 2 forms from Robinhood (1099-B and MISC). However, only 1099B shows up on the "Wages and Income" summary page. As a result, the final review page asks me to fill out "schedule C" but I don't know what to put it.
I don't even know where the 7 cents came from. Probably some stock since it's from Robinhood. It's not self-employment either I guess - because I know there can be many 1099MISC sources.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

RObinhood gave me 1099-MISC. Turbotax is able to identify a 1099MISC but does not show it eventually. However, on the review page, it asks me to verify a schedule C box.

You should just ignore the 1099-MISC.  $.07 rounds to zero.  You don't want to complete a Schedule C - Profit or Loss From Business for $.07.  I recommend you delete the 1099-MISC.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the same problem except when I delete the 1099-MISC I still get Schedule C related errors when TurboTax runs Smart Check.  I've tried manually deleting related info from the Forms view but unsuccessful so far.

Also, if it wasn't a value that rounded down to zero then what?  It seems like TurboTax expects that I'd have to input information on my personal business that doesn't exist.  This doesn't seem correct.

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

An IRS form 1099-MISC reporting small amounts not related to a self-employment activity would likely be reported to other income.  Provide more details and the steps for reporting such an entry can be provided.

Rather than delete  the Schedule C information in FORMS view, have you tried to delete the Schedule C in the step-by-step process?

In TurboTax Desktop, you may find the incomplete Schedule C information by following these steps:

• Click on Business across the top of the screen.
  • Click Continue.
  • Select I'll choose what I work on.
  • Select Start / Update to the right of Profit or Loss from Business.
  • Select Delete to the right of the business activity.

You may also review where you entered the 1099-MISC form in the step-by-step process to make sure that the form has been removed.

@redstorm64 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for the response James.  I do not have a "Business" option, I assume because I'm using the Deluxe version?   I've removed the 1099-MISC from the "1099-MISC and Other Common Income" section under the Federal Taxes tab and still had 10 errors listed when I ran Smart Check.  I finally figured out that I could delete the Schedule C worksheet in the Forms view.  The software automatically created a new blank Schedule C form (previously it had an entry for Miscellaneous Income of $0 that I could not manually delete) but this seems to have resolved the issue and no errors come up now. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies