turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Carl11

Turbo Tax 2018 Update not working

I am finalizing my tax return for tax year 2018.  I am trying to print and mail the forms.  The software is prompting me to update, but the updater starts up but do nothing.  Is this a problem because of how late it is in the year and is there a way I can finalize my taxes and mail them without the update blocking me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

The time of the year has nothing to do with it ... the update is being blocked in some way by your system ...

How do I update TurboTax CD/Download?

Although you can update over a wireless or dial-up connection, it's best to use a wiredhigh-speed connection to speed things up and minimize the possibility of data corruption.

Select Check for Updates from the Online menu in TurboTax (Windows) or quit and reopen the program (Mac). If new updates are available, you'll get a message to download them.

If you get disconnected while updating, try again and our update will pick up where it left off.

Windows users: Download a manual update if you're having trouble updating from the Online menu.

Related Information:

It is not a problem because it is late in the year. Try clearing your cookies or using a different browser to run the update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

do you receive an error code?

any new software installed? 

if you cant update, you'll need to contact technical support

Try starting TurboTax with "Run as Administrator".  Hold down the keyboard "shift" key, right click the TurboTax icon, select "Run as Administrator". That worked for me.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies