Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

S Corp Name This return can not be filed electronically with PDF's attached as type 'Other'

This is going to be a real problem with those of us who live in states that require e-file. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

S Corp Name This return can not be filed electronically with PDF's attached as type 'Other'

I was a Quicken customer before there was TT.   I encountered a goofy issue like this one.  Called tech support, it was an actual developer, and the issue ended up being my video driver.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out this goofy issue is something like that.

As always, waiting patiently for a fix.

Well, I have the same problem.  Hopefully it will be fixed soon.  I will check again next week, otherwise it looks like I will have to snail-mail my return.

Same thing happening for me.  Glad I searched online first so I didn't spend more than about 10 minutes trying to figure it out on my own.  Intuit please get this fixed ASAP!  I only have one pdf attachment, my 8453.

eah
Level 1

I'm having the same problem.

Same Problem... Frustrating

Same problem

Same here in NY

me too.   does anyone has any idea when TT will fix it?  I hope to file by end of Feb.

I tried this but didn work for me. still throwing the same error :(

dpicker3

Same problem.

KKH
Level 2

I experienced the same issue.  I spoke to 4 different TT support reps throughout the day yesterday.  I will not go into the details, but none of them (two of which were supposedly CPAs) even knew what form 8453-S is or that it is required to e-file.

I have two S-Corps returns to file and have the same issue with both.  Like others, I tried reattaching the PDF and also tried saving it in different formats before attaching with same result.

I found another thread while searching online discussing this same issue.  The link is: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/information-worksheet-has-s-corp-name-the-softwar...

I provided screen shots and additional information to the last rep I spoke with and he was in contact with the tech team.  I agree, they need to have a better system of flagging new issues and notifying their support team. 

aparris

I am in Ga as well. Will we need to file an extension

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

This is a known issue and we are working to resolve it. Please see the information below and make sure to scroll to the bottom and select to “click here” to receive email notifications when any updates related to this issue become available.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/check-this-entry-s-corporation-information-workshe...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
MM991

To get rid of the current attachment:  Click on the file tab and progress through the screens until you come to the one that asks you if you want to make changes.  By selecting yes, your attachments will disappear.  Then you can re-attach the form.  I stumbled on this when I was trying to e-file with attachments.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies