turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On the asset entry worksheet its asking me to enter the Recovery Period for an asset my self-employed company sold. What goes in this block and is it in months or years?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Carl
Level 15

On the asset entry worksheet its asking me to enter the Recovery Period for an asset my self-employed company sold. What goes in this block and is it in months or years?

Years. As for the number of years, it depends on what the asset classification is, and on what date it was placed in service.

If you sold the asset, then you "should" have been depreciating it already, from the date it was placed in service. In most cases (not all) assets that have a class life of less than one year are not depreciated, and are most commonly not treated as assets at all.

It is a really bad idea to be directly filling out the forms and worksheets unless you really know what you are doing (and your question indicates that you do not).  It is best for you to use the Step-by-Step interview.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies